This blog is for us to converse about God's word. I have had several visitors but I don't know who you are. Please feel free to leave a comment with your name. I hope you visit again.
To be a leader, we must first learn how to follow.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Loving Others

Love, begins and ends with God, but the middle part belongs to you and me. During the short time that we have here on earth, God has given each of us the opportunity to become a loving person-or not. God also has given us the opportunity to be kind, to be courteous, to be cooperative, and to be forgiving-or not. God gives each of us the chance to obey the Golden Rule, or to make up our own rules as we go. If we obey God’s rules, we’re safe and most of the time happier, but if we do otherwise, we’re headed to trouble and fast.

All choices that we make have consequences. The decisions that we make and the results of those decisions determine the quality of our relationships. It’s as simple as that.

1 John 4:11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

2 comments:

FancyHorse said...

Absolutely true! I agree 100%!

Thank you for your comment about my cat. Here is another post about my cat from last fall, with pictures:
My Pets

Yours, Nancy

Middle-aged Diva (Carol) said...

This is very true. All you have to do is look around...decisions made and actions taken without a pure heart always bounce back. But at least for me, I can see a reward when I realize that all I need is love...to come from love and represent love. Great post!